AskMe.com closed at $95,000 on NameJet on Wednesday. The domain was owned by Getit Infoservices Private Ltd. A company with an interesting backstory.
The company based out of India closed up and laid off 4,000 people.
LiveMint.com wrote: AskMe.com logs off operations, 4,000 employees lose their jobs.
AskMe accuses its investor, Astro Entertainment Networks Ltd that owns 99% stake in the group, of not making payments
BusinessToday.in wrote: Six real reasons behind AskMe shutting down –
On August 19, e-commerce company AskMe decided to shut shop which left about 4,000 of its employees jobless. A variety of reasons, from weak technology to aggressive acquisitions, are responsible for the online retailer’s failure.
- In 2002, Getit introduced segmented yellow pages for Business-to-business Industrial users and B2C residential/official consumers.
- In 2012, Getit launched its Wireless Application Protocol(WAP) search for mobiles on m.getit.in.
- In 2013 Astro’s Getit buys Infomedia yellow pages & Askme
- AskMeFurniture (Mebelkart.com)
- Askme.com acquires online grocery market place Bestatlowest.com.
2017 Now it’s closed
AskMe.com back in 2016 had an Alexa ranking of 577 according to Wikipedia.
Majestic.com shows a Trust flow of 15 and Citation flow of 20.
See the original post at: https://www.thedomains.com/2020/02/27/askme-com/?rand=13941