If you are making these stupid web marketing mistakes on search engines, this could be one of the reasons why you are broke and frustrated trying to leave this business! You must do an EDUCATED web search engine optimization all the time. Period!
I’m really excited … I just put my business website on the first page of Google above 11.6 million pages !! Yes that ELEVEN MILLION PAGES! Now I want to share my experience with everyone who is interested in this.
Here is my personal checklist of SEO mistakes to avoid. If you stay away from these errors, you will have more exposure on the search engines (seo search engine optimization):
1. Don’t do keyword research first. – It’s best to start with keyword research, because that’s how you’ll attract the majority of your potential customers.
2. Optimizing for a broad keyword, rather than a long-tail keyword. – I strongly suggest making long-tail keywords instead of broad keywords; Long-tail keywords are more specific to the prospect’s needs and have less competition. For example: a very competitive broad keyword is “Home Business”, but a long tail keyword can be “The Best Easy Home Business Idea”
3. Not having a keyword in your domain name.- Many potential customers are looking for your PRODUCT and not your COMPANY. That’s why you need to have a domain name with your target keyword included. For example, if the broad and targeted keyword for your business is “tires”, your domain name should be “http://www.tires.com” (that keyword may no longer be available), then we need to look for a long-tail keyword like “http://www.michelinusedtires.com”, so it will rank higher on search engines.
4. Not Including Your Keyword in the Title.- Search engines will give your page a better ranking if you include your keywords in the Title.
5. Not including your keyword in the description.- If our targeted keywords are in the page description (you can include the same name as the page title, such as “3 best SEO tips for engine optimization”), again the chances of ranking the site on search engines increase.
6. Do Not Include Your Keyword in the Page Filenames.- The file name of the page must contain your keyword (s), as it is a great incentive for search engines to place your page in a upper position. For example: domain.com / yourkeyword1 / yourkeyword2
7. Not Including Keywords in Alt Image Tags.- All images must also be optimized, as search engine robots cannot read images, but they do read the image’s alt tag. So use your keywords in the Alt Image tags.
8. Don’t use Anchor Text Optimization.- When other sites or pages link to you, make sure that the link text includes the key phrase. This is especially useful if your site contains many pages, because it doesn’t matter if those links come from the same site as your page … capice? ;)
9. Forgetting new content.- Robots love new content, so you want to update your site frequently with relevant content. This will attract search spiders and help you scale more on the SERPs (search engine result pages).
10. Don’t do web directory and article directory submissions. – Improve your search engine web marketing with one-sided links to directory and article submissions. Over time, this will be useful for creating many inbound links and ultimately getting your website to reach higher rankings in the search engines. The three main web directories to which I am submitting any new web pages I create are Google, Yahoo and Bing (formerly Live.com)
11. Do not use Site Maps.- After creating a Site Map, you should submit it to the above directories (at least) as soon as you create it, thereby having your pages indexed more quickly and accurately.
12. Not having RSS.- An RSS Feed is extremely useful if you have a page that is updated frequently. This tool will inform other sites about your new information (sending content to other sites is known on the internet as “distribution”). After updating (or creating) a page, I also recommend pinging pingomatic.com
13. Google Local.- This Google service has increasingly influenced search engines. Submit your business at http://www.google.com/local/add… And you know what? It doesn’t matter if you are a home-based business.
14. Do not link from your social sites. – You must have links directing to your site on your social media accounts (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Also, when describing your bio, whenever you talk about your company or your name, include a link to your website if you can.
15. THE WORST: Don’t understand the link’s popularity.- LINKING IS THE WHOLE THING FOR GOOGLE. You should also know that linking is the most important job you can do in SEO. Period. Remember that links are like “votes”, if you have many QUALITY sites “voting” on your page then you will be an internet celebrity. A few years ago, a school project was created just to define the dignity of a website, just by finding the quality and quantity of the websites that were linked to it; and that, my friend, was the way Google was created. Today, they are still looking for basically the same. Don’t forget this one.
Improving your search engine’s web marketing (engine optimization search seo) is not a difficult task, you just need to keep learning, practicing and testing.
If you want to be a Master in web search engine optimization (seo), apply TODAY all the tips you learned when writing this article and stay focused. Remember: Play to win! Never back down. Never surrender.